I’m a proud member of the United Steelworkers union.
The USW union advantage
One of Canada’s largest unions, the United Steelworkers (USW) provides members with resources, services and strength in bargaining collectively with employers.
- Union members make 24% more than non-union employees.
- Union contracts include better dental and health plans for families and almost 76% of union employees have employer-sponsored pension plans.
- Union wages help families make a decent income, making Canada’s economy stronger by preserving the middle class.
- The USW negotiates contracts with higher pay increases than non-union workplaces.
Better pay and benefits
“My union means better pay and benefits. USW is my union.”
Respect and safety at work
“With USW, we were able to negotiate pay increases and our first-ever allowance to help pay for safety boots.”
- Union contracts bring fairness through a set of rules negotiated by and for all employees.
- USW contracts reduce arbitrary decisions, inequities and unfair dismissals.
- Union workplaces are safer.
More say on the job
- A union gives employees a real voice in the decisions that affect them.
- Many people join unions to gain control over working conditions and make work fair for everyone.
Fairness and job security
- Union contracts include a fair process for resolving disputes.
- With the USW, employees can speak out about problems on the job without fear of reprisal.
- Union contracts protect employees’ interests and make workplaces more democratic.
“We’re the people who do the work. With the USW, we have a real voice in the decisions that affect us. No more arbitrary decisions from managers.”
Everyone deserves a union
Today’s USW represents employees across Canada’s new and developing economy. The USW is the health and safety union; we lead an environmental agenda for good green jobs; we provide our members with education, advocacy and representation. We are Steelworkers.
The USW union advantage:
- Better pay and benefits
- Fairness and job security
- A voice and respect at work.
USW is the union for better wages and a stronger voice at work.
The USW has 225,000 members working in every region of Canada in all sectors of the economy. One of Canada’s largest private-sector unions, USW fights for social justice and helps employees win better pay and working conditions.ORDER COPIES Download
Request this file in a different format